Need help to understand Green Card processing for L1A employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to understand Green Card processing for L1A employee

I am on L1A visa and my company is filing for my GC. As per my understanding, the GC process for L1A visa holder is faster as it can be done through the EB1 processing. However, my company says that getting the GC in EB1 category can be difficult for me as EB1 category is for very senior executives in an organization. They argue therefore that building a case for EB1 will be difficult for me. Currently, I am in a managerial role but not at a very senior level in the organization. Therefore, is it possible to file for GC under EB1 category for me?

Thanks for help!

Originally posted by akzr View Post
    I am on L1A visa and my company is filing for my GC. As per my understanding, the GC process for L1A visa holder is faster as it can be done through the EB1 processing. However, my company says that getting the GC in EB1 category can be difficult for me as EB1 category is for very senior executives in an organization. They argue therefore that building a case for EB1 will be difficult for me. Currently, I am in a managerial role but not at a very senior level in the organization. Therefore, is it possible to file for GC under EB1 category for me?

Thanks for help!
    Well truly speaking without employer's support it would not be possible to get GC filed under EB1. At the same time, merely being on L1A certainly helps one but does not qualify one directly for EB1C. The employer may have genuine reasons such as though you being a manager, your job profile not actually matching EB1 requirement, or non genuine reasons, such as EB1 needs to have certain salary and they may not be willing to pay you on par with EB1 whatever be the reason, you two would need to work closely to get this going.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X