No announcement yet.

Do I have chance of getting Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have chance of getting Green Card?

Hi,
    I would like to ask if you think I have a chance to get a green card to settle in California when I finish university (I am Czech now living in UK). I am not 100% sure what I will be doing, but it'll either be starting a tutoring business or starting a small private boarding school for kids talented in math & science or for anyone.

Supporting information:
    I am currently studying BA in Maths & Computer Science at Merton College (academically best college) at Oxford University.
    I grew up in an international/American community in Moscow.
    Apart from Russia where I lived for 6 years, I have been to USA more than any other country in the world - with family, then for two math camps and recently working at a very selective math camp there every summer.
    My uncle-in-law and his family entirely live in USA and I have seen them very often when they were in Czech Republic.
    I am a former mathlete - I won two Gold Medals in the British Maths Olympiad, I won 1st in Prague, I represented my country at MEMO etc.
    I have loads of experience with teaching and tutoring math at literally all levels. I have a lot of experience with private tutoring, online tutoring and tutoring agencies.

Why I want to go to California:
    I have been there 3 times and always loved it.
    I grew up in an American community, so USA feels like home the most.
    I have an eye condition that makes warm weather much more preferable for me than cold weather.

I think I would choose one of two approaches - either as an entrepreneur to start a tutoring/teaching business that will employ people and raise educational standards or as a professional specializing in preparing and training talented kids for math competitions (not many people can do that).

My questions are: do you think I would get the green card as a freelancer/entrepreneur (EB2 National Interest Waiver or in the future Startup Visa) or do you think I would first have to get it through some company (EB3), for example a tutoring center? In that case, can I stay there for a while and then quit and do my own thing?

Since my passion is teaching & tutoring math, I was actually considering dropping out of uni to pursue this passion (honestly, I never require university math for what I do). Is there any chance I would get the green card if I do?

My website - www.dttutoring.com

Thanks so much.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X