Impact of being a Landed Immigrant on Canada PR on US I 140 AND 485 Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of being a Landed Immigrant on Canada PR on US I 140 AND 485 Process

Hi. I'am on a H1B Visa in the US that is valid till 2017 March . I have got an approved PERM and I 140 is being initiated in a few weeks . At the same time my canada PR has come through and Iam expected to do my Landing before Jan 2016 . I plan to do my landing in 2 weeks time as I dont want to wait . I will be merely performing the landing formality and will continue to work in the US on my H1B without working in Canada. However once I finish my landing my status will be that of Landed Immigrant of Canada .My Initial research suggests both countries immigration process is independent of each other but I want to be sure if there is any catch .

My question to you is - Will having a landed immigrant status , have any impact on my pending US greencard application specifically at the Interview/ Stamping of the GC stage or at anytime ? Is there a need to declare anytime in the i 140 or 485 forms of your Canada landed Immigrant status to US authorities ? Please help and advise if you think I should wait for the i 140 application to be approved or if I can go ahead with my Landing as planned . Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X