Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pending 485, dependent laid off H1b job

Hi,

I am reaching out to you guys because I wanted to ask some questions regarding a complicated situation. Please help ..
    Me and my wife applied are working on H1B visa and have already applied for our Green Cards (I am primary)- I140 was approved and now we filed for I-485 and EAD card, and waiting for those.

Under these circumstances - my wife unfortunately was laid off yesterday (she was on a H1B Visa). Regarding this I had the following questions:

1. Since she is the dependent beneficiary - will this affect our case? (getting the EAD)

2. After being laid of on H1B, how long can a person legally stay in the country? SInce she has her I-485 pending, can she still stay in the US , even if her H1B visa is cancelled due to this job loss?

3. Is it legally possible for an employer to terminate employment ... BUT NOT revoke the Visa of the employee for an extended period of time?

We are in a very stressful situation and a little help from your side with these answers, will be highly appreciated !
    I will look forward to hearing from you all
    Thank You...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X