Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is the wait for Adjustment of status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the wait for Adjustment of status?

Hello,

My husband is a French national and I am a Bulgarian national. The lawyers of his company submitted the I-485, I-765, I-131 at the end December to the Texas Service Center. According to USCIS, these cases were received on December 24th, 2014. We did our biometric screening at the beginning of February. On March 13th, we received the EAD card with the advance parole option, so both the I-765 and I-131 were approved. We have not heard back from the USCIS since then. The Texas Service Center had a backlog, which is why we were patiently waiting but they are now reviewing cases from February 16th, 2015, while our application was received by USCIS on Dec 24th, 2014. When I check the status of our receipt, it says on on January 2, 2015, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number ZZZ. Our Texas Service Center location is working on your case.

My husband's company lawyers advised us not to contact the USCIS as it may harm our case but I am concerned that we still do not have the decision when the USCIS is already processing applications submitted more than a month after our date. Any advice? Is there going to be an interview? Should we try to contact the USCIS?

Aos

Hi,
    I am exactly in the same situation as yours,
    DO you have any further updates, please do share.
    Per so many other blogs and discussion interview for I 485 is not mandatory, you may not get a call for interview and get the GC.
    I want to understand how much more time expected for a GC in hand after this process?
    Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X