Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB2-NIW (Exceptional Ability) as a Language Expert/Linguist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2-NIW (Exceptional Ability) as a Language Expert/Linguist?

Would language experts (polyglots) benefit the U.S. national interest?

It sure did when Department of Defense’s MAVNI(Military Access Vital to the National Interest) Program was recruiting certain language proficient foreign nationals into their forces. Unfortunately, the 8 y MAVNI pilot program has been shut down due to security measures affecting defense forces. There are still many intelligence and linguist positions that I could contribute to and are in demand. With me speaking 5 languages fluently, I could be a great asset to the U.S., but many times a minimum of permanent residency is required to enter the job. Sometimes Top Security Clearance is required, whereas permanent residency is a minimum qualification.

Background:
    I am currently an international student on F1 OPT BBA graduate from The Netherlands and aim to get an job with the Dept. of Defense/Federal Government that is looking for polyglots (a person that masters multiple foreign languages) and intelligence analysts. For the languages that I speak, there is scarcity and demand., however most agencies and jobs require at least permanent residency to apply, and some even top secret clearance that are given at least to permanent legal residents. The U.S. could simply benefit so much by providing me a Green Card.
    Recently I found out about EB2, a great alternative to an H1-B since my OPT (F1 Student Visa Work Permit) is expiring in March, before the April 1st filing date for H1-B. I am from Europe, so there is no backlogged wait time. Unfortunately I haven't seen many background stories besides STEM major academia,and Research PHD's. My extra ordinary ability is simply mastering 5 languages that are rare in the U.S., alongside cultural expertise of both the American, European, and Middle Eastern world.

Will I have any chances as a certified language expert (translator/interpreter) with a Bachelors Degree in International Business Administration? I do not have any academic track record other than degrees and certifications (no citations or publications). However, looking at the requirements I believe there is a good match in the requirements under EB2 NIW Exceptional Ability. Sofar under CTP and OPT during my studies in the U.S. I have became a member of a translators association and worked for 2 years for a company that contracts language assignments with private, federal and state government agencies. I work there as a contractor translating and authenticating foreign documents.. You could think of (health) insurance companies, SSA, Universities, Social State Services. I also do in person interpreting but also provide business consultant duties vitalizing language or cultural barriers. For the petition, I could obtain many recommendations from state and federal bodies stressing the need for someone like me.

I have talked to attorneys, some said there is a definitive chance and some say there is no chance. Maybe because they have never dealt with this kind of situation or maybe they under value it. However, I just want to make sure that these circumstances could lead to a EB2 NIW (Exceptional Ability) self petition approval, and would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. My OPT expires in March so have to act quick!

Thanks so much guys and good to all of you making this dream come true, and please suggest some attorneys or paths to make this for me journey happen!
    Service Center: Texas
    03/09/2023: Filing Date
    03/10/2023: Receipt Date
    03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
    03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
    03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
    03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

Maybe you will be a suitable EA candidate some day. Today, you are not

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Maybe you will be a suitable EA candidate some day. Today, you are not
      You might be finding everyone’s case inadmissable based on your name here. However, a strong claim needs strong evidence.
      Service Center: Texas
      03/09/2023: Filing Date
      03/10/2023: Receipt Date
      03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
      03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
      03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
      03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

Comment

Originally posted by DD1992 View Post
        However, a strong claim needs strong evidence.
        You're right, and your NIW-EA claim lacks that strong evidence.

You don't have at least three of the following:

1) advance degree in your field of expertise
        2) ten years of full-time experience in occupation for which EB is sought
        3) professional licensure (probably not applicable to your field)
        4) salary demonstrating exceptional ability
        5) fellowship in qualification- or invitation- based professional organizations (eg National Academy of Science)
        6) recognition for achievements or significant contributions by industry peers (eg Grammy or Nobel nomination)

It is telling that your own employer won't sponsor you for EB-3, which has a current priority date for Dutch nationals

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X