Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC from J1 for software developer

Hi everyone,

Im currently not yet in USA, just making plans: Would like to go for Intership next year. As far as am concerned, there is possibility to try employment based GC after J1.
    For now I'm BSc, working as software developer, Im just about to go to MSc. Read a lot of J1 waivers, but not sure if my Eurpean Masters degree is eglible for EB2? Is it easier to obtain a GC if I will finish my master program?
    A lot of people and surveys says that software developers are needed everywhere... but I havn't found that: if I qualify to EB2, is it more chance for GC than if I qualify for EB3?

Thank You!

If you aren't born in either India, China, or the Philippines, EB-2 and EB-3 have the same queue length (current actually)

Your employability has little to do with winning a J HRR waiver. In fact, if you are adamant on immigrating to the United States right after your exchange program, I would avoid using a J visa entirely

Comment

Thank you for reply,

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      In fact, if you are adamant on immigrating to the United States right after your exchange program, I would avoid using a J visa entirely
      You mean immigrating is easier after H1B than J1 (or maybe any other visa)?

@Edit: I should add that there is no skill list about HRR for my home country anymore.
      Last edited by Morales1235; 02-18-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X