Lost green card but have valid L1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost green card but have valid L1

Me and family lost green card while in India. Now our return ticket is next week. I looked at the passports and looks like we have valid L1/L2 until Aug 2009. Can we travel back to US on the valid L1/L2 and upon reaching there, apply for replacement green card? Or only option for us is to get a transportation letter from the american consulate? Since transportation letter takes several weeks, I am trying to figure out if we can travel on valid L1/L2 so we can stick to the travel dates..

better call the attorney and find out.

mostly your L1 is void once GC is issued to you.

Comment

You should go speak to the consulate. If you show them the return tickets they might be able to speed up the time to get the travel letters.

The L1 is a non-immigrant visa, but you are returning to the US with the intention of resuming your permanent residence, thus it's an improper use of the L1 visa. This could cause you trouble in the future and might even cause you a lot of heartache at the airport if the inspector finds out (you might have to pay a fine to re-enter the US at that time).

Originally posted by mail2suman View Post
      Me and family lost green card while in India. Now our return ticket is next week. I looked at the passports and looks like we have valid L1/L2 until Aug 2009. Can we travel back to US on the valid L1/L2 and upon reaching there, apply for replacement green card? Or only option for us is to get a transportation letter from the american consulate? Since transportation letter takes several weeks, I am trying to figure out if we can travel on valid L1/L2 so we can stick to the travel dates..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X