Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 processing while on H4

Dear Friends,
    I was working with a company for 3 years before I got laid off in Feb 2009. The company had applied for Labor (EB2 category), sometime in 2008. Just before my layoff in '09, my labor got approved.

I am currently on H4 Visa looking out for a job. Meanwhile I received a mail from my employer stating they can support my I140 petition provided I can pay for the petition. I asked the attorney and she said it is possible they can file for the I140 as GC is for future employment.

Following are my questions:

1) If I get employed by another employer (which is quite possible) , would it not be a problem with the I140 processing ?

2) Would I have to be working in the same occupational field as when my labor petition was filed ? It is quite possible I may be working in a different field sometime soon.

3) Do I need to be in the US while my I140 is being processed ? If my H1 expires in 2010, can I return to my home country and come back to US based on I140 petition ?

4) Is it possible to let me know as to typically how long it takes for the I140 approval ?

Do you think it is a wise decision to go ahead with the I140 petition in my case?

I appreciate help in this regard. Thanks a lot to everybody.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X