Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pending medical - case shifted from refused to admin processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending medical - case shifted from refused to admin processing?

Hey folks -- my medical took place on the 6th of June. I needed some other vaccinations those were mailed out by the 10th to the clinic.

I then had my IV interview on 12th of June. The consular informed me that It was approved. However, the medical results were not there — once they will be updated
    the passport will be mailed out another 5-10 working days after that. I specifically asked her if my case went to admin processing or anything and she said nope all is approved so post the medical it should be another 5-10 days max.

Post that on the ceac website the status changed to “refused” as is normal for cases pending medical.

Now on the 20th I mailed the embassy asking for an update (I had confirmed that the medical had been mailed out by the clinic) . On the 21st I checked and the status on the website had changed to “Administrative Processing” .

Can anyone please offer some insight on why the case changed to administrative processing and how much longer it would take to get my passports? Is it still due to the medical results not being updated at the embassy end or is it something else ? I have to travel in the coming month and I hope it’s not one of those long background checks/admin processings …

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X