Job description saying "Bachelors or Masters preffered"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job description saying "Bachelors or Masters preffered"

My company just completed the mandatory recruitment period for my perm process.
    They wish to move ahead and file my ETA 9089, but I recently came to know that the job description that they used during the recruitment period said the requirement as "Bachelors or Masters (preferred)".

Based on this information, the lawyers at my company wish to file my application under the EB3 category, even though I have a masters degree from a reputed school.
    Would it be a good idea to go ahead and file the application under EB3 category?
    Is there a way to change this and have my application filed under the EB2 category?

Thanks

Category completely depends on job requirement and not your credentials. EB2 or EB3 is determined by USCIS based on that and there is not really a checkbox for the employer to select.
    But however, you can discuss with your supervisors if they can create a job that requires a Master's degree and repeat the PERM process.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Can my supervisor edit my job description?

Can my supervisor edit my job description when applying my PERM application and edit "Bachelor or Mater's preferred" to "Master's required" and start the process again?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X