Received employer based green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received employer based green card

"My husband and all of us, including our son, 6 years old received our green cards on may 12th 2012. this is an employment based green card in the EB 1 category.He was on an L1 A visa. now, he has received a very good job offer, same field, same designation . However, we received gc BEFORE the 6 months period of I-485 receipt. so will changing jobs so soon after gc jeopardize our chances at the naturalization stage? could they charge my husband with fraud and deny citizenship/revoke gc? is it a risk woth taking or should he turn down this job offer?

Without a doubt you will face additional scrutiny. Specially considering the EB1 category is always current.

In other words: someone that got his/her greencard, from India, on EB3 category - he/she probably waited in line for 7/8 years. Jumping ship before the 6-month period, while frowned upon, may be ok - after all, that person was waiting for a long time - situation changes, expectations, job market, etc.

Your husband got his green card almost immediately - ie, he only had to do the paperwork. Jumping ship two weeks after getting his green card clearly demonstrates he never intended to remain employed with his sponsor - even if he did.

Decision is up to you, of course. But only there are extremely compelling reasons to accept this new job, it may make more sense to wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X