Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family based green card for mom pending for 8 months

Hi,

I applied for my mom's green card and filed I485 and I130 application concurrently in June, the PD says June 18th 2012. The application was transferred to CSC on July 12th. Her fingerprinting was done in first week of august, 2012. However, we have not received any further information from USCIS. I have called NSC several times and opened a service request also, but got an email that they have received my inquiry and will make a decision soon. The CSC does not show any processing times online for parent's green card.

my mom needs to go back to India for emergency reasons and we didnt apply AP for her thinking that she will get the card in 5/6 months.

Questions:

1. can she leave USA without the card and I can send the card to her right after it comes?
    2. for family based cards, do they send the card or do they finger print again and then send the physical card?
    3. what happens to her I94?

thank you! I truly appreciate your help!

i am also in the same boat. though my mom does not need to go back. Her PD is march2012. Still pending. But getting RFE from USCIS so working on them.

Comment

I didnt get any RFE, so dont know what is going on. I have just received an approval of 130.

Comment

Atleast you have got 1-130 approval. My mom's I130 is still in initial review after 11 months. while multiple RFE's on 1-485. I have replied all of them promptly but no response.

Comment

My Mom's I-130 got approved. Did you hear anything for i-1485.

Comment

Originally posted by mathewhike
            I am also facing similar situation.But unfortunately there was an error encounter by the immigration staff member and this was the reason of delay.
            You may also go for the same mistake,try to check it.
            At least you have got 1-130 approval.

I am done with I-130 and I-485 and GC for my mom. She will be getting it in few days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X