Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubts Regarding Petitioning my Future Fiance on Business Visa (B-1/B-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts Regarding Petitioning my Future Fiance on Business Visa (B-1/B-2)

Hi There,
    I am new to this forum, I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I am in a confused state of mind as to what to do next with my situation. I would appreciate if you guys can guide me and fill in the information I am missing. Please read the entire post, as I am divorced, and this would be my second marriage, and I have already petitioned for my first wife (which I withdrew the I-751 (petition to remove the conditions on a conditional green card) after I found out she was having an affair and was only in it for the green card. I gave the proof (emails) that I had to the USCIS when I withdrew the I-751)

I am a US citizen through naturalization (my uncle sponsored my dad's visa, and I was his dependent and got the green card approved when I was 18). I am planning on getting married sometime next year, and wanted to know how "hard" or how should I "proceed" in my situation to do the paper work for my girlfriend. She has a business visa (B-1/B-2) good until 2020 and visits the US few times a year staying a few months per visit. Can I marry her in the US when she comes here on a business visa? And then petition for her by filing I-130 (petition for a relative) along with I-864 (affidavit of support) and I-485 (her filing of adjustment of status)? Is that even a good idea, or am I going to make our lives harder by marrying her when she comes here on a business visa (which is a non-immigrant visa)? If this is a bad idea, can you suggest me a better path, along with how long that might take?

Can I sponsor for her a fiance visa? How long would that usually take? She is an Indian citizen by the way, and when she gets the fiance visa, We will get married when she gets here, and then we will apply for her adjustment of status. I do not know which is a better idea (and what are the pros or cons) or how long the fiance visa might take.

I was separated from my ex 1.5 years ago, and finalized the divorce 10 months ago. Will the USCIS be concerned that I might file a new petition (which I might file early next year for my girl friend) with in 1 year and 10 months from the time I withdrew our old joint I-751 petition? Is there usually a general rule of thumb for how long a US citizen has to wait to file a new petition for the new wife, after he withdrew the old I-751 for his ex?

I would really appreciate your answers and inputs.

Thank You.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X