Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Permanent Residence Card Never Received, Filed for Replacement

Hello,

My husband is from the UK and we married in January 2012. Everything was going just fine with immigration and we were set to receive his Conditional Permanent Residence card in October 2012, however, we moved before receiving the card and my husband failed to change our address with immigration in a timely manner, therefore, we did not receive the card and it was never sent back to immigration as undeliverable by the post office.

We have already filed form I90 to have the card replaced and my husband went to his appointment on July 2, 2013 to be fingerprinted and photos taken. We were told at our appointment that it could take up to 9 months to receive the card.

My question is this: Knowing that the Conditional Permanent residence card is good for 2 years, and having supposed to receive the card in October 2012, will the replacement card expiration date be 2 years from the time we were supposed to receive the card in October 2012? Or 2 years from now when it had to be processed the 2nd time for replacement? And will this effect when we file to have the conditions removed, as that is supposed to be done 90 days before the conditional card expires? It seems as if by the time we finally receive his conditional permanent residence card it will be time to have the conditionals taken off or too late??

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi,
    My friend is also in similar situation. He arrived in US in Dec 2011 and has been waiting for his green card since then. He finally reapplied for new conditional green card in Apr 2013. He was finger printed on July 16, 2013. Please post any updates in the future. I will keep this thread updated as well.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X