Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797C Rejection Notice??

Hello All!

I am a USC petitioning for my husband! Today I got a letter in the mail stating, "Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time." They only sent the notice with the check stapled to it, a green form to include when the application is resubmitted, a copy of the form G-1145 I submitted, and a copy of the USPS receipt from my application package. They did NOT send back my entire application- what does that mean?

I submitted two money orders made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the amount of $88 each (Affidavits of support. There were two) I was told this was required by a USCIS handler, but now understand it IS NOT as were were filing IN the US (I also understand a few people have made the same mistake!)
    I called the USCIS customer service line but they couldn't tell me anything other than that it doesn't make sense why it was rejected. They transferred me to a tier two agent, but to be honest he talked in circles! I sent an email to [email protected] but haven't heard back. Does anyone have experience with this?? What does it mean?

Some of your message isn't clear, but this is what I interpret:

1. You mistakenly tried to pay for sponsorship processing ($88, one or two checks). The sponsorship processing fee is only remitted to the National Visa Center after an I-130 petition has been approved.

2. If you included a separate $420 check to pay the I-130 submittal fee, that was probably retained for normal processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by LadyBell94 View Post
    Hello All!

I am a USC petitioning for my husband! Today I got a letter in the mail stating, "Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time." They only sent the notice with the check stapled to it, a green form to include when the application is resubmitted, a copy of the form G-1145 I submitted, and a copy of the USPS receipt from my application package. They did NOT send back my entire application- what does that mean?

I submitted two money orders made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the amount of $88 each (Affidavits of support. There were two) I was told this was required by a USCIS handler, but now understand it IS NOT as were were filing IN the US (I also understand a few people have made the same mistake!)
    I called the USCIS customer service line but they couldn't tell me anything other than that it doesn't make sense why it was rejected. They transferred me to a tier two agent, but to be honest he talked in circles! I sent an email to [email protected] but haven't heard back. Does anyone have experience with this?? What does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Some of your message isn't clear, but this is what I interpret:

1. You mistakenly tried to pay for sponsorship processing ($88, one or two checks). The sponsorship processing fee is only remitted to the National Visa Center after an I-130 petition has been approved.

2. If you included a separate $420 check to pay the I-130 submittal fee, that was probably retained for normal processing.

--Ray B
      I included all fees required for the forms, all on different money orders. (Including the mistaken fees of two money orders for $88).

Do I do anything? Is the application actually rejected? The NOA stated
      "Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time."

Then the number for the helpline. That is literally it. Behind it was the green paper stating the application was denied and to see the the I-797C for reasons. But there was nothing stating it was actually rejected accept under NOTICE TYPE.

I am so confused as to what to do now.

Comment

You're still not clear.

What other checks and forms did you submit?

Were you just submitting an I-130, with $420 fee?
        Were you also submitting I-485 with $1,070 fee?
        Did you include an I-864 with no fee?

Is the visa applicant in the U.S. or outside the U.S.?

Assuming everything else was right (but I'd like to know how you came up with an $88 x 2 requirement), there is nothing you need to do now until you receive further instructions or fee receipts from USCIS.

--Ray B

Originally posted by LadyBell94 View Post
        I included all fees required for the forms, all on different money orders. (Including the mistaken fees of two money orders for $88).

Do I do anything? Is the application actually rejected? The NOA stated
        "Recently, you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time."

Then the number for the helpline. That is literally it. Behind it was the green paper stating the application was denied and to see the the I-797C for reasons. But there was nothing stating it was actually rejected accept under NOTICE TYPE.

I am so confused as to what to do now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X