Lost Physical Grern Card - RFE deadline approaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Physical Grern Card - RFE deadline approaching

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to read this.
    I have somewhat of an urgent problem that I’m hoping I can get some feedback on here.* I received an RFE saying I did not submit a copy of my physical green card and I must send it by 1-Apr-14.* I am applying to remove my conditional residence via marriage which is completely legit and we have a two year old son together.* My problem is that I lost my actual green card and don’t know how to proceed or who I can contact at USCIS to inquire.* I can only find recordings at all the numbers.*
    Anyhow, it’s my understanding that my conditional residence green card expires after the two year period which has passed.* Given my financial situation I have procrastinated in replacing it as it’s $485, and if it is expired, I figured I do not need to pay that to replace it.
    Is there anything I can do to satisfy the RFE or do I need to buy replacement card?* And now as I have left it down to the wire, have I screwed myself?* I have completely legit and happy marriage and family, but I am scared I may be jeopardizing my situation by being so late against the deadline?* Has anyone else been through anything similar?* How did it get resolved??
    Any help is VERY MUCH appreciated!
    Best Regards,
    dub

Do not waste your money on to getting expired green card.
    They will NOT issue you a green card with expire date in the past.
    My friend was in same situation. He did not receive RFE but he sent
    a letter along with I-751 application stating that his conditional GC has been lost.

You should send them a letter stating that your GC was lost and you don't have a copy.
    Do not worry, As long as you filed i-751 before the deadline date, you will get GC.
    Last edited by dhira_98; 03-26-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X