over 21 old son of a us citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over 21 old son of a us citizen

My son is currently 27years old and lives in Norway (also an norwegian born and citizen) and is currently unmarried. He now wants to move to the US after having a child with an american girl while studying and working here in the US until last year on a student visa and an OPT. They are however not married nor together for that matter, but he dearily wishes to get closer to his son so he can see him more often.
    After some research online we realized that he can not file for a green card because of his own son due to his son being under the age of 21, and that it might be 7years of waiting if I file for a green card on his behalf. Are these numbers correct, is it really 7 years of processing time?

Anybody else with a similar story or somebody with knowledge about this?

Thank you!

Yes, for an F1 class visa (unmarried son over 20), in countries other than Mexico, China, India, Philippines, you have a 7-year wait for an eligibile visa slot.

I routinely do paperwork for relatives in any of the 4 counties listed above, and petitioners must "take the long view" in their family reunification plans.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Thomaskin87 View Post
    My son is currently 27years old and lives in Norway (also an norwegian born and citizen) and is currently unmarried. He now wants to move to the US after having a child with an american girl while studying and working here in the US until last year on a student visa and an OPT. They are however not married nor together for that matter, but he dearily wishes to get closer to his son so he can see him more often.
    After some research online we realized that he can not file for a green card because of his own son due to his son being under the age of 21, and that it might be 7years of waiting if I file for a green card on his behalf. Are these numbers correct, is it really 7 years of processing time?

Anybody else with a similar story or somebody with knowledge about this?

Thank you!

Comment

thank you

Thank you for an answer in such a short notice! i guess we have ti just take the long way through this!

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Yes, for an F1 class visa (unmarried son over 20), in countries other than Mexico, China, India, Philippines, you have a 7-year wait for an eligibile visa slot.

I routinely do paperwork for relatives in any of the 4 counties listed above, and petitioners must "take the long view" in their family reunification plans.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X