No announcement yet.

Anybody succesfully used consulate-issued "certified" copy of birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody succesfully used consulate-issued "certified" copy of birth certificate

of petitioner?

Hello! I was wondering if anybody had any experience using a "certified copy" of the original that was stamped by the consulate of respective country in lieu of "original birth certificate" of petitioner?

I realize that there is a help section dedicated to issue of "certified"; however, not being from India the section is not particularly helpful.

I was indeed quoted some document (not sure which) by NVC official that such embassy-stamped copies are OK, but have nothing in writing, while the interview letter issued by the same NVC keeps demanding "original" of petitioner's BC.
    (the applicant himself has his original, not a problem; it's the problem of sending via mail the original of a unique document).

Likewise, petitioner's marriage certificate - how critical it is to have an original versus embassy-stamped copy?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, links or details of your experience!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X