Family greencard 5 years after I-407 served

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family greencard 5 years after I-407 served

I'm a US citizen and my husband is a New Zealand citizen and we have 2 children who are both dual NZ and USA citizens (both born in NZ). We have been married for 13 years. He had a greencard and we lived in the US for 5 years. Then for the last 8 years we have lived in NZ. Upon visiting the US he had the greencard taken and the I-407 served (in 2008). We are now planning on moving back to the US. How should we proceed? Do we need to start over with the family petition or can we file a different way? During the entire time away we have filed tax returns and have maintained a bank account in the US (my family all still live there).

You need to petition your husband again, to make him eligible for a Green Card.

--Ray

Originally posted by linze1979 View Post
    I'm a US citizen and my husband is a New Zealand citizen and we have 2 children who are both dual NZ and USA citizens (both born in NZ). We have been married for 13 years. He had a greencard and we lived in the US for 5 years. Then for the last 8 years we have lived in NZ. Upon visiting the US he had the greencard taken and the I-407 served (in 2008). We are now planning on moving back to the US. How should we proceed? Do we need to start over with the family petition or can we file a different way? During the entire time away we have filed tax returns and have maintained a bank account in the US (my family all still live there).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X