Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family based green card applicant divorced gets married and spouse gets green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family based green card applicant divorced gets married and spouse gets green card

I am a Canadian citizen in Canada divorced , my daughter has petitioned for me for green card . Can i get married to my girl friend in India and she gets a green card too at the same time . If i waited for my green card and then apply for her then it might take long time for her to join me.What is fast and best solution for this and how it can be done
    Last edited by deesingh; 09-14-2014, 10:12 PM.

Your new wife will have to be petitioned by you after you have your Green Card. Your new wife will not have any derivative eligibility from your visa and petition from your daughter.

--Ray B

Originally posted by deesingh View Post
    I am a Canadian citizen in Canada divorced , my daughter has petitioned for me for green card . Can i get married to my girl friend in India and she gets a green card too at the same time . If i waited for my green card and then apply for her then it might take long time for her to join me.What is fast and best solution for this and how it can be done

Comment

Family based green card applicant divorced gets married and spouse gets green card

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Your new wife will have to be petitioned by you after you have your Green Card. Your new wife will not have any derivative eligibility from your visa and petition from your daughter.

--Ray B
      Thank you: Can she be not added to existing application if possible either in my application or may be my daughter can add it to the petition she filed for me ? i just want it to be faster than to wait for years. It will be much better if I can add her to my application.

Comment

If your daughter is a U.S. citizen and she petitioned you, nobody else in your family has derivative eligibility from your visa application, since it is "immediate priority."

Your daughter cannot petition your new wife because the stepparent relationship occurred after your daughter turned 18.

When you get your I-551 stamp in your passport or your Green Card, you can petition your new wife.

--Ray B

Originally posted by deesingh View Post
        Thank you: Can she be not added to existing application if possible either in my application or may be my daughter can add it to the petition she filed for me ? i just want it to be faster than to wait for years. It will be much better if I can add her to my application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X