Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial entry to the US

hello everyone! how are you doing?

my niece filed for her mom's (my sister) US immigration and fortunately, it has been approved. my niece has quite a situation of her own and so they don't have a place suitable for an additional resident. that is why she asked for my help. i helped them in terms of the affidavit of support, and we have made plans for my sister to come live with us here in Texas, instead of Georgia where my niece lives. however, when my sister received her visa, it appeared somewhere in her documents that her final address is Georgia.

so my question, does my sister have to stay with my niece for a certain amount of time, or can she straight away live with me? (does immigrating relative have to stay/live with petitioner?)

thank you in advance

There is no requirement that an immigrant must reside with the petitioner or sponsor. The only requirement she must meet is to report a change of address within 10 days of an address change.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ecrisc View Post
    hello everyone! how are you doing?

my niece filed for her mom's (my sister) US immigration and fortunately, it has been approved. my niece has quite a situation of her own and so they don't have a place suitable for an additional resident. that is why she asked for my help. i helped them in terms of the affidavit of support, and we have made plans for my sister to come live with us here in Texas, instead of Georgia where my niece lives. however, when my sister received her visa, it appeared somewhere in her documents that her final address is Georgia.

so my question, does my sister have to stay with my niece for a certain amount of time, or can she straight away live with me? (does immigrating relative have to stay/live with petitioner?)

thank you in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X