I 864 and I 864A help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 864 and I 864A help needed!

Hello, I have petitioned my husband. He has an approved I 130 and I 601A. I just submitted the DS 260 and find myself stuck on the I 864 and I 864A. Heres some background that hopefully you'll be able to understand :/

I am the petitioner (US citizen wife) I have been an unemployed stay at home mom for the past 9 or so years so I have no income. We have a joint sponsor who files taxes jointly with his household member wife. Our sponsor and his wife both collect social security, which is non taxable so it dosent show up on the "total income" line of their 1040. Our sponsor also has a pension that IS taxable and shows up normally as total income on his taxes. I have proof of sponsor and his wifes SS and pension. Their income more than qualifies to sponsor my husband.

I864:
    Part 5 of the I 864 that I (petitioner with no income) fill out: "Sponsors household size". Should I leave these blank as I am not financially responsible and do not qualify?

Part 6 #5 "Sponsors current individual income". Is this ONLY sponsors income and not combined with his household members?

Part 6 #10 "Current annual household income" This is his and hers combined right?

Part 6 13a "Total income as reported on taxes" This is his and her income combined including non taxable social security right?

I864A:

10. "Current individual income" This is only the income of the sponsors household member right?

11. "Total income as reported on taxes" Again, should this be the same as part 6 13a of the I 864? His and her income combined including the non taxed social security?

That's the way I understood it. Am I way off? Your help is appreciated more than you could possibly realize. It's truly been a long journey..

Please read every single web page at https://https://www.immihelp.comhttp...it-of-support/

After that, if you still have questions, please post them here.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by cmla View Post
      hello, i have petitioned my husband. He has an approved i 130 and i 601a. I just submitted the ds 260 and find myself stuck on the i 864 and i 864a. Heres some background that hopefully you'll be able to understand :/

i am the petitioner (us citizen wife) i have been an unemployed stay at home mom for the past 9 or so years so i have no income. We have a joint sponsor who files taxes jointly with his household member wife. Our sponsor and his wife both collect social security, which is non taxable so it dosent show up on the "total income" line of their 1040. Our sponsor also has a pension that is taxable and shows up normally as total income on his taxes. I have proof of sponsor and his wifes ss and pension. Their income more than qualifies to sponsor my husband.

I864:
      Part 5 of the i 864 that i (petitioner with no income) fill out: "sponsors household size". Should i leave these blank as i am not financially responsible and do not qualify? *Do not leave blank.

part 6 #5 "sponsors current individual income". Is this only sponsors income and not combined with his household members? *Yes

part 6 #10 "current annual household income" this is his and hers combined right? *Yes

part 6 13a "total income as reported on taxes" this is his and her income combined including non taxable social security right? *They want line 22 on the 1040. This does not include the total including social security benefits

i864a:

10. "current individual income" this is only the income of the sponsors household member right? *Yes

11. "total income as reported on taxes" again, should this be the same as part 6 13a of the i 864? His and her income combined including the non taxed social security? *Same as above. Line 22 on the 1040 not including social security

that's the way i understood it. Am i way off? Your help is appreciated more than you could possibly realize. It's truly been a long journey..
      i answered my own questions just incase i could be of help to anyone who didnt have time. I ended up calling the nvc and asking them, these are the answers they gave me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X