Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Help

Hello everyone,

Filed form I-130 for my mother (currently living in Lebanon) and everything went through. I received the case number and the invoice ID number from NVC and I already paid for the Affidavit of Support and waiting to pay the Application Processing fees once it is available. Currently, I'm working on filling out form I-864 but I had a question about it. Section 3 of that form asks for the family members I am sponsoring. On my I-130 and in particular section C (information about your relative) I had my mom for parts 1 through 16 and then I included my brother (who is 13 years old) under part 17.
    So going back to Section 3 of I-864, would I include my mother and brother as immigrants I am sponsoring or only my mother?
    Also, I am assuming that I am the only person who will be filling out D-260 since I am the sponsor, is that assumption correct? If so, do they send my mother a letter for the interview in Lebanon or how does that work?
    Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated

The DS-260 is from and for you mother. She should be filling it out with her information, though you will probably be doing it for her.

The NVC will send an appointment package to the agent referenced on the DS-261 which should have been submitted to the NVC.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jamaleas View Post
    Hello everyone,

Filed form I-130 for my mother (currently living in Lebanon) and everything went through. I received the case number and the invoice ID number from NVC and I already paid for the Affidavit of Support and waiting to pay the Application Processing fees once it is available. Currently, I'm working on filling out form I-864 but I had a question about it. Section 3 of that form asks for the family members I am sponsoring. On my I-130 and in particular section C (information about your relative) I had my mom for parts 1 through 16 and then I included my brother (who is 13 years old) under part 17.
    So going back to Section 3 of I-864, would I include my mother and brother as immigrants I am sponsoring or only my mother?
    Also, I am assuming that I am the only person who will be filling out D-260 since I am the sponsor, is that assumption correct? If so, do they send my mother a letter for the interview in Lebanon or how does that work?
    Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated

Comment

Rayb, Thanks for your help! What about the question regarding the I-864? Do I include both my brother and my mother under section 3 of form I-864 or just my mother?

Comment

On Part 3 of the I-864, DO NOT ADD ANY PERSON INFORMATION THERE. Your check of the "Yes" or #1 and "1" for #7 are the only responses you input for part 3. Your brother will not be eligible for a derivative visa. If you petition your brother, it will take 12 or more years for him to be eligible for a visa (depending on his country.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jamaleas View Post
        Rayb, Thanks for your help! What about the question regarding the I-864? Do I include both my brother and my mother under section 3 of form I-864 or just my mother?

Comment

Awesome! I guess the best way to do it is for my mom to apply for my brother when she comes over here. Thanks again for your insight, greatly appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X