Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife is USC and H1 is rejected

Hello All,
    I am kind of in a strange situation (trouble). Hope someone will be able to give a right suggestion.

I came to US on student visa and I am currently on H1 Visa since 5 yrs. I have been living in US since 8 yrs. My wife is US Citizen. We were married while in US. We haven't started Family based GC processing yet.

I came to India last week for my brother's wedding and went for H1 visa stamping where VO has rejected my visa due to employee/client relationship issues. I was on bench before coming to India.

My wife is 7 months pregnant. She has due date on Jan 20th. She cannot travel to India. Now I need to get back to US before January 20th. I need to be there during the delivery of my baby. Please suggest me what I should do in this situation?

Should I apply for I-130, I-485 and wait for my date? How long it takes? Can I ask for special consideration to allow me to enter into US before delivery date?
    Last edited by BSQ9999; 11-26-2014, 11:12 PM.

Your wife should apply for your green card. I don't know why she didn't apply that the day you two got married.

She can do that now: https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/

There is no chance you can come back to the US on family based greencard before Jan 20.

There is no special consideration.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Your wife should apply for your green card. I don't know why she didn't apply that the day you two got married.

She can do that now: https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/

There is no chance you can come back to the US on family based greencard before Jan 20.

There is no special consideration.
      Thanks for the reply.

It was actually my fault. She has been asking me to apply for GC but I couldn't get it done due to my work related travel. I have my H1 until Oct, 2015 so I thought I could do it later. Do you know how long it could take for me to be able to enter US?

Can I apply for visitor/tourist visa meanwhile to attend the delivery?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X