Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing form I-130 Petition for Married Son

Hello
    First post. It might help many other people with the processing if answer correctly. First, this is the scenario:
    Mother wants to petition married son. Son is married and has 2 kids. The questions are:
    1. When you are submitting form I-130, what other documents should be submitted ?
    2. Since the son is married and has a family, Is the family treated also as one package with the son's I-130 application?
    3. What documents should be added for family members ?
    4. Do any documentation be translated / notarized before sending?
    5. Should affidavits be also included in the submission ?
    6. If #5 is needed, Can the other son, ME, provide an affidavit for this petition on the initial submission ?

I'm just looking to start the process for my brother and my mom is doing the petition. Just need to know what to send first to start the process to minimize any delays.

Thank you all for you help.

Manny,

If your mom is a U.S. citizen, you can proceed with the following (see my responses in CAPS after each question):

Originally posted by MannyG007 View Post
    Hello
    First post. It might help many other people with the processing if answer correctly. First, this is the scenario:
    Mother wants to petition married son. Son is married and has 2 kids. The questions are:
    1. When you are submitting form I-130, what other documents should be submitted ?

FEE CHECK, PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP, BIRTH CERTS AND MARRIAGE CERT COPIES, OTHER PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP.

2. Since the son is married and has a family, Is the family treated also as one package with the son's I-130 application?

YES.

3. What documents should be added for family members ?

COPIES OF BIRTH CERTS FOR EACH.

4. Do any documentation be translated / notarized before sending?

ALL FOREIGN LANAGUAGE DOCS NEED CERTIFIED ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS.

5. Should affidavits be also included in the submission ?

NO.

6. If #5 is needed, Can the other son, ME, provide an affidavit for this petition on the initial submission ?

NOT NEEDED UNTIL AFTER THE PETITION IS APPROVED AND GOES TO THE NVC.

I'm just looking to start the process for my brother and my mom is doing the petition. Just need to know what to send first to start the process to minimize any delays.

Thank you all for you help.

Comment

You are the Greatest Rayb!!!

Thank you! Thank you Thank you!
      That's all the information I needed. In under an hour! - Impressive!
      Last edited by MannyG007; 01-15-2015, 01:34 PM. Reason: Fixing grammar.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X