Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I30 beneficiary umarried, but now married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I30 beneficiary umarried, but now married?

Hi all,

My mother was a PR holder and she petitioned me seven years ago. I was unmarried at the time.
    Two years ago she naturalized and became an US citizen. I also married later in that year.
    So is my I30 now invalidated because of my marriage? I have heard different answers about this matter.
    Appreciate for any clarification.

Tony

Your I-130 is not invalidated by your marriage, but your visa class will be affected by your marriage and reporting of it to the NVC. Depending on your country, the marriage will add several years to your waiting period.

--Ray B

Originally posted by TonyHomedad View Post
    Hi all,

My mother was a PR holder and she petitioned me seven years ago. I was unmarried at the time.
    Two years ago she naturalized and became an US citizen. I also married later in that year.
    So is my I30 now invalidated because of my marriage? I have heard different answers about this matter.
    Appreciate for any clarification.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Your I-130 is not invalidated by your marriage, but your visa class will be affected by your marriage and reporting of it to the NVC. Depending on your country, the marriage will add several years to your waiting period.

--Ray B
      Thanks Ray. I'm not familiar with NVC. Is it the National Visa Center?

Comment

Yes, NVC is an acronym for "National Visa Center."

--Ray B

Originally posted by TonyHomedad View Post
        Thanks Ray. I'm not familiar with NVC. Is it the National Visa Center?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X