Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does my uncle have to make?

Hello,

I am married to a US citizen, and I will have my citizenship in a couple of months. I plan to bring my parents over, but I am unemployed at the moment. My aunt and her husband (uncle-in-law) will help me co-sponsor financially so my parents could come here. I was wondering how much would my uncle in law have to make annually in order to bring them over? I looked at the i-864 analysis chart from uscis website but I am not sure of the total household members. So my aunt and uncle in law have no kids, that would be 2, my parents that's another 2. My husband and I, that's another two. So total household members are 6? Is my husband and I included too? I hope it's 4 total. Any help is appreciated, thank you guys!

There are a couple of ways you can configure your I-864 packets. Here is how I would do it.

1. As petitioner and primary sponsor, you complete two separate I-864's, one for each parent, and show no annual income, and provide an explanation if you have no 2014 Federal tax return.
    2. Your uncle submits two separate I-864's as "joint sponsor," one for each parent, and shows on each 3 in his household, with an annual income requirement of at least $25,000. When the NVC reviewer compares both packages, he will expect your uncle to have an annual income of at least $30,000, but each of his I-864's will stand alone at $25,000 for 3 people.

Don't even consider using an I-864A for the Uncle's sponsorship to join his income with your's as a Household Member, as that is too likely to be rejected.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Cong Nguyen View Post
    Hello,

I am married to a US citizen, and I will have my citizenship in a couple of months. I plan to bring my parents over, but I am unemployed at the moment. My aunt and her husband (uncle-in-law) will help me co-sponsor financially so my parents could come here. I was wondering how much would my uncle in law have to make annually in order to bring them over? I looked at the i-864 analysis chart from uscis website but I am not sure of the total household members. So my aunt and uncle in law have no kids, that would be 2, my parents that's another 2. My husband and I, that's another two. So total household members are 6? Is my husband and I included too? I hope it's 4 total. Any help is appreciated, thank you guys!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X