Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and I-864

Hi,

After reading the website and many references, I have one last question and I need expert help

My situation is as follows:
    - I want to apply for US Green Card for me and my kids via my wife who is a US citizen by birth
    - My wife is living outside of US since the age of 8
    - My wife does not work, I, her spouse, work

We're planning to immigrate to US but I'm worried about 2 things:
    1. We don't have an address in US (we have relatives there)
    2. Do we have to & when to show/prove financial support?

Thanks a lot

Your wife must provide a destination U.S. address for you in her I-130 petition. She should make arrangements to have such an address of a relative in advance.

Your wife will be the primary sponsor when the petition reaches the second step, the NVC, even without income or assets, so a Stateside co-sponsor must be used for that step.

--Ray B

Originally posted by abdullah1708 View Post
    Hi,

After reading the website and many references, I have one last question and I need expert help

My situation is as follows:
    - I want to apply for US Green Card for me and my kids via my wife who is a US citizen by birth
    - My wife is living outside of US since the age of 8
    - My wife does not work, I, her spouse, work

We're planning to immigrate to US but I'm worried about 2 things:
    1. We don't have an address in US (we have relatives there)
    2. Do we have to & when to show/prove financial support?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

I can manage the address to show my relative's home address. I can arrange this with my relative. Is this enough or do we need to show proof?

Regarding the financial support, if I have an asset under my name (not my wife's) satisfying the requirement, is this enough or does the asset have to be under my wife's name?

Thank you

Comment

Liquid assets which are easily available within a short period of time and exceed the needed income requirement by about 5 times will be okay. But you will have to provide form I-864 as a "household member" co-sponsor.

--Ray B

Hi Ray

Thanks for your reply.

I can manage the address to show my relative's home address. I can arrange this with my relative. Is this enough or do we need to show proof?

Regarding the financial support, if I have an asset under my name (not my wife's) satisfying the requirement, is this enough or does the asset have to be under my wife's name?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Ray

Please one last question.

I saw your reply on another question (answering Bakura) in the post http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...rd-for-my-wife

Does this mean I can apply I-864 later just before traveling? Is there anyway I can get everything ready (visa etc) and then apply I-864 right before I move or when I'm in US?

I have everything ready but this I-864 is not yet ready and I need sometime ~ 1-2 years to plan for it.

Thanks a million

Comment

Abdullah,

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

--Ray B

Hi Ray

Please one last question.

I saw your reply on another question (answering Bakura) in the post http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...rd-for-my-wife

Does this mean I can apply I-864 later just before traveling? Is there anyway I can get everything ready (visa etc) and then apply I-864 right before I move or when I'm in US?

I have everything ready but this I-864 is not yet ready and I need sometime ~ 1-2 years to plan for it.

Thanks a million

Comment

Sorry for not being clear.

What i meant is:

- We both live outside of US
              - We want to apply for immigration and visa to US
              - I-864 proving financial support, can we apply this at a later stage (e.g. either just before flying to US or after we're there)?

Comment

You must be petitioned by a relative in the U.S. or with U.S. citizenship or Green Card status. Has anyone submitted the U.S. immigration paperwork for you?

The person who petitions you must be the primary sponsor.

--Ray B

Sorry for not being clear.

What i meant is:

- We both live outside of US
                - We want to apply for immigration and visa to US
                - I-864 proving financial support, can we apply this at a later stage (e.g. either just before flying to US or after we're there)?

Comment

Yes my wife is a US citizen. So can we apply for everything and leave I-864 after we arrive US?

Comment

If your U.S. citizen wife is petitioning you, her I-864 will be submitted in the middle of the processing, to the National Visa Center, before you get a visa. You won't get an immigrant visa until your sponsorship (I-864 and supporting documents) have been approved.

--Ray B

Yes my wife is a US citizen. So can we apply for everything and leave I-864 after we arrive US?

Comment

Thank you Ray .. very clear

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X