I-130 Approved- More waiting game???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Approved- More waiting game???

Hi, I am desperately seeking help in understanding what the hell is going on. My lawyer is impersonal and slightly rude when it comes to discussing anything related to my case, so I am trying to do research of my own and hear others views.

We filed I-130 in November 2012 and it was approved Dec 8th 2014. Received a letter from her last week stating no more visas were currently being handed out and that all cases were backed up. My confusion and frustration about this is coming from the fact that I have been in the US and have never left since ~1 years of age, was born in Germany to a US military father(is here) and German mother(in germ). Came here on her passport... they did not take any steps on filing any citizenship papers on my behalf upon arrival and I found out all this when I was 19 and also that I was not a US citizen and in fact had no status here. I am 26 now and am baffled that I have not been put on the fast track with this. I was in foster care here briefly after arriving, I have attended all schooling here, and my father was a member of the military. I've had no type of ID/license, way to attend work/college, or support myself. Can someone answer me also why Visas for those under 21 are unlimited, and those over 21 are not? I'm terribly depressed and frightened to see that my case category could take many more years to move to NVC. I've been trying to research cases similar to mine but have been pretty unsuccessful I am all ears to any input!

ashleyh is your dad a US citizen?

Edit - I mean as opposed to a non-US citizen serving in the US military. I did see that you wrote "US military father."
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X