Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsor parents/siblings following inside process if visiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor parents/siblings following inside process if visiting?

Hello everyone! I had a couple of questions. I just became a US citizen and would like to sponsor my parents and my siblings (they are dual citizens of the UK and Pakistan) to come here as well. They (my parents and one of my siblings) will be visiting the US for about 3 months starting May this year and I was wondering if we can follow the process for sponsoring while relatives inside the US since the process for the outside the US seems a lot longer and more complex.
    a) Can I file the I-130 before they arrive or only once they arrive?
    b) Do they have to be in the US when filing the I-485 for Adjustment of Status? If so, I am assuming I should file the I-130 as soon as possible so they are here when I get the I-797 notice of action. What do you think?
    c) Do my parents and/or siblings have to leave before adjustment of status is completed if their visit visa runs out or can they stay on the basis of that process having started? What happens if their visa runs out and they have to leave?

Do you guys think the 3 months visit is long enough for them to be in the country to follow the inside US process?

What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X