Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affadavit of support Question

Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband and have never worked, was a high school student, so my income is 0 currently.

my sister is single and shares the same residence as me. her income is $22,832. As I am filling out form i864 for me, I realized we didn't meet the federal poverty level for 3 household members (me, my husband and my sister) which is $25,112.

Now my question is can we also include our other sister, who shares same residence to fill out 1-864A... Her income is about $12,000. Which will get us total $37,112 and federal poverty level for 4 (me, my husband, 2 sisters) is $30,312.

Or should they both be joint sponsors for me since my income is 0? Which method is better?

You are the primary sponsor, using an I-864. Your two sisters will be the "household member" co-sponsors, using form I-864A each, and all your income will be combined.

--Ray B

Originally posted by xstrangerx View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband and have never worked, was a high school student, so my income is 0 currently.

my sister is single and shares the same residence as me. her income is $22,832. As I am filling out form i864 for me, I realized we didn't meet the federal poverty level for 3 household members (me, my husband and my sister) which is $25,112.

Now my question is can we also include our other sister, who shares same residence to fill out 1-864A... Her income is about $12,000. Which will get us total $37,112 and federal poverty level for 4 (me, my husband, 2 sisters) is $30,312.

Or should they both be joint sponsors for me since my income is 0? Which method is better?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You are the primary sponsor, using an I-864. Your two sisters will be the "household member" co-sponsors, using form I-864A each, and all your income will be combined.

--Ray B
      So the household size would be 4?

Would it be easier for my sister who earns $22,000 to be my joint sponsor? In that scenario would the household size be 3 (me, my husband the intending immigrant and my sister) or 2 (my sister the sponsor and my husband)?

Also, would it be okay for my sisters to fill out i864A if my income is $0?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X