Help With Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Green Card

Hi thanks for reading and helping me! I am F1 student here and he is american citizen. My boyfriend and I will marry in two more days. He also files a green card petition for me after that. However, he will study abroad in Spain in this September! I am worried about interview because he may not be in US when we have our interview.

So what should we do if he leaves here before the interview ?!

Thanks so much !

If your spouse does not go to the Adjustment of Status interview with you, you will be faced with a denial and loss of the fees you used for the I-485.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kien Su View Post
    Hi thanks for reading and helping me! I am F1 student here and he is american citizen. My boyfriend and I will marry in two more days. He also files a green card petition for me after that. However, he will study abroad in Spain in this September! I am worried about interview because he may not be in US when we have our interview.

So what should we do if he leaves here before the interview ?!

Thanks so much !

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If your spouse does not go to the Adjustment of Status interview with you, you will be faced with a denial and loss of the fees you used for the I-485.

--Ray B
      Thanks for replying me so quickly! He has to go study abroad. This thing is too new to us. Do you have any suggestion? I wonder if he can have an interview in US Embassy in Spain while i am having interview in US!

Comment

I doubt that a separate interview abroad can be arranged for your future husband, as you are the applicant for Permanent Resident status. The Embassies abroad are under the State Department, while your processing is conducted by Department of Homeland Security.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kien Su View Post
        Thanks for replying me so quickly! He has to go study abroad. This thing is too new to us. Do you have any suggestion? I wonder if he can have an interview in US Embassy in Spain while i am having interview in US!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X