Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

citizen mother & GC holder father live abroad bring their newly born abroad child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizen mother & GC holder father live abroad bring their newly born abroad child

It's a very complicated question and i've read many articles about it but i still don't know the answer.

The Naturalized citizen mother has been in the U.S. for 5 years (form green card to naturalization) but physically (bodily) she was present just for 3 years before that the child was born.

while she was working in the U.S.she filed for husband immigration and he got his GC before child's birth. husband didn't come to the U.S. so She left the country and stayed in the country of her husband. Now they have a &-year old baby and they intend to return to the U.S.

Seemingly, she can't apply for her child citizenship because she can not show evidence of 5-year physical (bodily) residency
    in the U.S. (and has not U.S. citizen grand parents either) before child's birth to the consular office.

How to return to the U.S. to work and live with the baby?

Child is less than 2-year old, but it seems that only LPR mother can bring her child of less than 2-year old back to U.S. without filing any immigration petition.

1-Can she take the plane with her baby before child's two year old like a LPR mother?

If she goes with the immigration petition for her one-year old child, it takes time so they can't move to the U.S. and it also needs a sponsor in the U.S.

Any other solution?

I think it's one of the most difficult questions aksed in the immihelp or maybe i'm wrong. I welcome any recommendation

Am I missing something? Citizen mom, spouse and minor child have no US status. You file Form I-130 for both of them. If spouse has time to kill, he can gamble on a application for a returning resident visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X