Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on form I-864 for join sponsor

Hi everybody:

I am new here and I have a question about filling out the Form I-864. Long story short my husband is my petitioner but unfortunately he falls just under the poverty guidelines. Therefore my aunt who has no dependents will help us fill a I-864 as a joint sponsor. My question is on my aunt's I-864 for part 5 (Sponsor's Household Size) would we just count her(my aunt) and myself (beneficiary) or do we have to count my household too? (husband and baby both U.S citizens). My aunt does not live with us.

Thank you in advance!

If your aunt does not live you; for the Affidavit of Support,
    She would just list you, the Beneficiary the form.

Your spouse, would inturn, count you, the Beneficiary and all his household members, including all dependents.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. My attorney just confused me. He said I would need to find a joint sponsor who's income would be able to cover my husband, son and myself. Plus the joint sponsor household. You just confirmed what I understood in the I-864 instructions.

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
      If your aunt does not live you; for the Affidavit of Support,
      She would just list you, the Beneficiary the form.

Your spouse, would inturn, count you, the Beneficiary and all his household members, including all dependents.

Comment

I explSorry, if you miss misunderstood, but I explained more or less how the two form are to be filled out; but your aunt's sponsorship/income, should cover both households. If not you may need to used a second sponsor.

Comment

Your husband is your primary sponsor, since he is the Petitioner. Your aunt is the Joint Sponsor. Since her income cannot cover both families, you should either get someone who can, or get a Second Sponsor.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X