Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to hear back after biometrics appointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to hear back after biometrics appointment?

Hello everyone!

I had my biometrics appointment on 5/20 and didn't hear back from USCIS yet. Should I worry? I check the my online application status everyday, but it has not changed one bit... It still says: "On April 16, 2015, we received your Form I-xxx, Application for xxxxx, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice blah blah [...] please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. Blah blah." Is this normal? I tried to call the Customer Service, but -needless to say- they were not helpful and told me that they only have access to the same info I have access to... which sounds like a pile of BS to me, but it is what it is, I guess.

Any thoughts on what I can/should do, aside from waiting? This whole ordeal is giving me anxiety.

There is no official followup to a biometrics completion, unless it has to be repeated for bad prints.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Apollon View Post
    Hello everyone!

I had my biometrics appointment on 5/20 and didn't hear back from USCIS yet. Should I worry? I check the my online application status everyday, but it has not changed one bit... It still says: "On April 16, 2015, we received your Form I-xxx, Application for xxxxx, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice blah blah [...] please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. Blah blah." Is this normal? I tried to call the Customer Service, but -needless to say- they were not helpful and told me that they only have access to the same info I have access to... which sounds like a pile of BS to me, but it is what it is, I guess.

Any thoughts on what I can/should do, aside from waiting? This whole ordeal is giving me anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      There is no official followup to a biometrics completion, unless it has to be repeated for bad prints.

--Ray B
      Thank you, Ray B! I actually received a notification this morning (!) that my I-765 has been approved on July 3.
      I checked my case status online -which must have been updated overnight- and noted the following changes:
      - I-485 still pending, last updated: receipt date 04/21 - no changes
      - I-130 still pending, last updated: 07/03 - no other changes aside from date.
      - I-765 approved, last updated: 07/03, it says I will get a notification in the mail.

Does this mean that I passed the background check and that USCIS will process the I-130 next?

Thanks!

D

Comment

Your I-765 approval is separate from other processing steps. The I-130 continues to be reviewed in the background.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Apollon View Post
        Thank you, Ray B! I actually received a notification this morning (!) that my I-765 has been approved on July 3.
        I checked my case status online -which must have been updated overnight- and noted the following changes:
        - I-485 still pending, last updated: receipt date 04/21 - no changes
        - I-130 still pending, last updated: 07/03 - no other changes aside from date.
        - I-765 approved, last updated: 07/03, it says I will get a notification in the mail.

Does this mean that I passed the background check and that USCIS will process the I-130 next?

Thanks!

D

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X