Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help Change in sponsor after case complete NVC

Hi
    I am looking for some guidance. Please help. My IR5 parent visa case was completed at NVC on July 23 2015. I am the sponsor but now we want to change the sponsor to my husband. Both of us are US citizens .
    Can we submit the completed I864 to show him as the sponsor during the counslar interview? Will this delay the process? Please advise. Thank you

You can only ask. Have him fill the form out and sign. Then have him explain himself at your parent's interview.

If your current Sponsor wasn't qualified, then you could change it at the interview, therefore, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change, giving a valid reason for your change.

It may or may not delay your final processing, but not by much. It just depends on who your interview officer will be. That person MAY need to report same to their supervisor. Regardless, your waiting shouldn't be very long. Good luck!!

Comment

Thank you for your advise! I appreciate it.

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
      You can only ask. Have him fill the form out and sign. Then have him explain himself at your parent's interview.

If your current Sponsor wasn't qualified, then you could change it at the interview, therefore, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change, giving a valid reason for your change.

It may or may not delay your final processing, but not by much. It just depends on who your interview officer will be. That person MAY need to report same to their supervisor. Regardless, your waiting shouldn't be very long. Good luck!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X