Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Spouse's I-130 is Approved Before Her I-129F (K3)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Spouse's I-130 is Approved Before Her I-129F (K3)?

Hello everyone,

I am an American citizen and my wife is Chinese. I'm am currently living in the USA and she is currently still living in China. I submitted her I-130 petition to the Chicago lockbox back in July and recieved the I-797 back saying that it was accepted and routed to the California Service Center for processing. Thinking that processing would take a year or more, I then submitted an I-129F petition to the Dallas lockbox with the K-3 Spousal visa option so that she could come to the US on a K-3 visa and we could wait here together for her I-130 to go through instead of being separated for a year. I was notified yesterday that the I-129F petition was accepted, and it was also routed to the California Service Center for processing.

I then looked up the processing times for the I-130 for a spouse and the I-129F for the K-3 spouse option at the California Service Center. To my surprise, they are both listed as 5 months. The I-130 was sent there nearly a full month before the I-129F got there. So that brings me to my question - Is it possible that her I-130 might be processed first, sent to the NVC, and then she could just go through the I-130 process directly and completely skip over the I-129F for K-3 spousal visa process? It seems like that would shorten the whole visa processs significantly - the Guangzhou, China embassy allows eFiling of the I-130 documents but not the I-129F as far as I know, and it would be one less step we would have to take for her to get her green card. Or would they delay processing her I-130 because I have submitted an I-129F with K-3 option? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X