• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-4 CSPA beneficiary

Priority date: august 2003
    Petition approval : november 2009
    Child birthdate : 27 june 1991
    So far we have filled choose of agent and address and paid AOS fees?
    But on the website when we log in. we don’t see his name since he is 21 already. How do we know if he is eligible for cspa and if so what is the procedure to add his name on DS-260 so that we can pay his fees and everything so he can accompany us to visa interview please guide.

Originally posted by dhruvpatel27 View Post
    But on the website when we log in. we don’t see his name since he is 21 already. How do we know if he is eligible for cspa and if so what is the procedure to add his name on DS-260 so that we can pay his fees and everything so he can accompany us to visa interview please guide.
    Collect all the supporting documents and fill out DS-260 (include your child's name on DS-260). and write this SAMPLE letter to the NVC when sending the documents. NVC will send another invoice for both of your child once the visa date/priority date confirmed that they are qualified for CSPA. (recent experience with CSPA). I am currently waiting for NVC to schedule interview.

Here is a sample letter
    May 27, 2015

NVC
    ATTN: DR
    31 Rochester Ave., STE 100
    Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Dear NVC case analyst,

This letter is to inform that I am sponsoring main beneficiary and derivative beneficiaries of case number BMB YYYY YYYY XX.

The case number BMB YYYY YYYY XX consist four individual named ABC Patel (main beneficiary), followed by derivative beneficiary DEF Patel, GHI Patel and JKL Patel. I would like to inform you that under the case number BMB YYYY YYYY XX, one family member name JKL Patel, son of ABC Patel has not received NVC payment invoice because his situation might be considered under Child Status Protection Act. Kindly, please review JKL Patel’s information and let us know if you would need any more information for him.

Sincerely,

The sponsor's name

Comment

From my calculations, the child is eligible for CSPA. The child is currently 24 years of age, the petition was pending at USCIS for six years, so you would subtract 6 years from 24, which is 19 years. Now with CSPA, the visa availability date is also considered, It looks like the case is current at the NVC.

You will fill out DS-260 for main beneficiary (brother or sister) and his/her children. On DS-260, it has a question about children's information. Just write the child's information on there too.

Write the sample letter I sent you to the NVC along with supporting documents that you will send. Look at NVC's site for which supporting docs you are supposed to send. Website may not show his name right now but they will add it after they review the main beneficiary's information and AOS fees are paid. You will receive another invoice for that child LATER, In my case, they added child's information after I sent all the supporting documents.

Good Luck
      Last edited by dpatel126; 09-03-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Hello dpatel

Did you submit supporting document or financial document separately or together ??
        I am sending next week but sponsor iis still pending

Comment

Originally posted by jess View Post
          Hello dpatel

Did you submit supporting document or financial document separately or together ??
          I am sending next week but sponsor iis still pending
          I suggest you send sponsor and supporting documents together to avoid any delay.
          Sponsor documents
          1. I-864 of a Petitioner
          2. I-864 of a joint sponsor (if you require one)
          3. Employment verification letter of a petitioner
          4. Employment verification letter of a joint sponsor
          5. Copy of 3 years of tax return, 2014, 2013 and 2012 (both petitioner and joint sponsor)
          6. W2s of year 2014 (both petitioner and joint sponsor)
          7. Copy of sponsor’s Green card Or Naturalization Certificate or U.S Passport

Supporting documents
          1. Fill out DS-260 for every family member you have paid AOS fees
          2. Copy Police clearance for all, unless if anyone is under the age of 16.
          3. Copy Birth Certificate of all
          4. Copy Birth Certificate of a brother/sister
          5. Copy of Marriage Certificate
          6. Copy of demographic page of everyone’s passport
          7. 2 photographs of each person (2X2 inch), Write person's name at the back of the photograph, put it in the Ziploc bag
          Here is a link for your verification

Don’t send your nephew’s supporting documents right now but make sure their name are included in the sponsor papers. You can send your nephew's supporting documents after you pay their AOS fees.

Comment

My name is not there on ceac website.. My parents fees already paid. My name will add after submit supporting doc. ??Coz i will send supporting and financial doc separately.
            My question is my name will add after submit supporting doc or after financial doc?

Comment

Originally posted by jess View Post
              My name is not there on ceac website.. My parents fees already paid. My name will add after submit supporting doc. ??Coz i will send supporting and financial doc separately.
              My question is my name will add after submit supporting doc or after financial doc?
              You should send supporting and financial docs together in ONE packet.

Yes, your name will be added after the both supporting and financial documents are reviewed then NVC will ask for your supporting documents alone.
              Make sure you send a letter to NVC stating that you may qualify for CSPA

Comment

eligible for cspa

Hi,
                prority date is august 2010
                post decision is on 14 september 2014
                Child birthdate : 28 september 1999
                hoping my case will be current in year 2020 or 2021 so can i send cspa letter for my child before i get choice of agent and DS-260 letter...need help for this ..Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by onelink800 View Post
                  Hi,
                  prority date is august 2010
                  post decision is on 14 september 2014
                  Child birthdate : 28 september 1999
                  hoping my case will be current in year 2020 or 2021 so can i send cspa letter for my child before i get choice of agent and DS-260 letter...need help for this ..Thanks
                  No you don't write any CSPA letter right now, You will write a letter once the case is opened at NVC.

Comment

Pls help

hello so can someone please explain this to me in detail.
                    in my case, there is one child who is over the age of 21, but by cspa, he is not.

So first i submit the ds-260 for whoever it is available right now, correct? Do I send the CSPA letter separate from the the supporting documents or along with it? and WHO do i send the cspa letter to??

Then, i mail in the necessary documents regarding the petitioner and the applicant and whoever is accompanying. Right?

And then I wait and keep checking Ds-260 to see if the fee for the last child has been invoiced.
                    Once that happens, i fill it out and turn in the necessary papers for that child.
                    Now when I send the documents for the last child, will I need to send the petitioner's documents again as well?

***By the way, the child's fees have NOT BEEN INVOICED.
                    Can someone give me a timeline of when to send what?

I've been reading more and this is what i understand so far...

1) Pay fees for everyone except aged out child
                    2) Turn in DS-260 for everyone except aged out child
                    3) Send in documents for everyone except aged out child
                    4) Write a letter to ____________ regarding the aged out child and that he is protected under CSPA
                    ***THEN, im assuming, I will be able to pay the fees for the aged out child and fill out his DS-260 as well
                    5)After filling out Ds-260, send the supporting documents for the aged out child

Is this correct?
                    Last edited by immmihelp; 09-24-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

i have a similar case like yours. Can you please share your experience on CSPA do's and don'ts. whether your children were able to come with you or not.

Comment

Seeking for your help! Thanks

Hi,

Petition filed date: Sept 1993
                        Petition Approved: Sept 2013
                        Received Welcome letter from NVC on 21 Oct 2016 and they ask for submitting DS-260 and civil documents .
                        But my name & my sister name were missing/not available in DS-260 online.
                        My date of birth 20 June 1984.
                        My sister date of birth 28 August 1991.
                        So under CSPA ACT what is my position and chances of getting approval ???
                        And do we need to wait the consul to approve it or NVC should sent us IV fee invoice ??

Denis
                        From Phil.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X