I-765 and I-485 rejected because of incorrect filing fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-765 and I-485 rejected because of incorrect filing fees

I got married in January and applied for my marriage based green-card in July. Below is the list of things that i sent.

I-130 with a $420 check.
    I-765 with a $380 check.
    I-485 with a $1070 check.

I sent all the other required forms, pictures, and supporting documents. My Application got rejected because of improper filing fees, so I am wondering what i did wrong. The USCIS only took the $420 for the I-130, and we received a Notice of action on August 10 that states that the I-130 application was received.

I have a few questions:

1.) Are my check values correct? If so, what other fees do I need to send?
    2.) If I add a I-131 form to the packet do i need to send a seperate check for it, or is it covered under the concurrent application deal?
    3.) When returning the application packet, what do i need to include. That's in addition to the green paper and the I-797c

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Please help I am stuck and i can not afford a lawyer at the moment.

The money you sent was more than what you supposed to send.
    I-485 check already covered the I-765 and I-131...
    Just pull the $380 from the package then resend it with/without the I-131

Originally posted by JackLondon View Post
    I got married in January and applied for my marriage based green-card in July. Below is the list of things that i sent.

I-130 with a $420 check.
    I-765 with a $380 check.

I sent all the other required forms, pictures, and supporting documents. My Application got rejected because of improper filing fees, so I am wondering what i did wrong. The USCIS only took the $420 for the I-130, and we received a Notice of action on August 10 that states that the I-130 application was received.

I have a few questions:

2.) If I add a I-131 form to the packet do i need to send a seperate check for it, or is it covered under the concurrent application deal?
    3.) When returning the application packet, what do i need to include. That's in addition to the green paper and the I-797c

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Please help I am stuck and i can not afford a lawyer at the moment.
    Tuna

Comment

Originally posted by JackLondon View Post

I-130 with a $420 check.
      I-765 with a $380 check.

I have a few questions:

You need to pay total fee $ 1070.00 for I-130,I-765 and I-485 altogether .

Since USCIS already received $420.00 for I-130. Now just file I-765 and I-485 with I-130 Notice of Action and $650.00 fee.

It's up to u if u want to file I-131 or not. But if u do file it with I-485 and I-765, then u dont have to pay any extra fee for that.
      Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

Comment

Application sent to wrong address

I had a similar experience, although I filed the I-130, 765 and 485 concurrently, and have a question that I hope someone can help with.

My package was returned to me because I had dated one of the checks incorrectly. So, I rewrote the two checks for $1,070 and $420 respectively, and posted the package back to USCIS. Only thing is that, instead of posting it to the the PO Box address that they said to post it to on the I-797C, I posted it back to the lockbox.

What will happen now? Will they send it back again or will they forward it to the correct address?

It was a truly stupid thing to do! Not being familiar with the US postal system, I thought that the only way to get confirmation of delivery was to have someone sign for it. So, in a panic to get the package back to them (Im worried as my visitor visa expired), I sent it via express mail to the lockbox. I have now realized (having done some research after the fact), that Priority Mail can also confirm delivery even to a P.O. Box.

I'm a bit distracted and stressed by it, but have learned a valuable lesson. When I receive correspondence from USCIS, Don't panic! Take the time to read it through, do the necessary research and then respond! and most importantly FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!

If anyone has had a similar experience and can put my mind at ease, that would be wonderful!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X