Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if visa becomes available when my CSPA age becomes more than 21

Hi,
    As per CSPA age calculation, I will be 21 years old on April 15, 2016 (note I will be 27 in real but by cspa rules, I will be 21 on this date).

My uncle applied greenCard for my mom and our family.
    Since, processing is very slow and I think our petition will be processed (becomes current) by end of 2016 - let's say October 2016. So I will be over 21 (by CSPA rules also) in October 2016.

Are there any options by which I can still get the greencard? MAy be freezing the age or if there is any option available in this scenario?

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!

Thank you.

No other option but its depend on your luck. Try and send CSPA request to nvc. In some cases visa officer grants visa for over cspa child..

Comment

Originally posted by jay_cali View Post
      Hi,
      As per CSPA age calculation, I will be 21 years old on April 15, 2016 (note I will be 27 in real but by cspa rules, I will be 21 on this date).

My uncle applied greenCard for my mom and our family.
      Since, processing is very slow and I think our petition will be processed (becomes current) by end of 2016 - let's say October 2016. So I will be over 21 (by CSPA rules also) in October 2016.

Are there any options by which I can still get the greencard? MAy be freezing the age or if there is any option available in this scenario?

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!

Thank you.
      Ive worked on cases that the petition was done before the child was over the age of 21 & at the day of the appointment he was 27. He & his mother both went to the appointment & have been green card holders for 3-4 now. If you have any other questions just message me.

Comment

petitioning my 19 year old child

Hi Jess or whoever can reply :-),

I am a permenent resident in california and I filed I-130 for my 19 year old daughter in the Philippines...Would you know what is the waiting time for that? Ive been reading different timeframes...17 years?, 11 years?, 4 years, 2 years?

Hope someone will enlighten me on this...

Thank you for your help,
        Rammyrosie
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Nunez View Post
          Ive worked on cases that the petition was done before the child was over the age of 21 & at the day of the appointment he was 27. He & his mother both went to the appointment & have been green card holders for 3-4 now. If you have any other questions just message me.
          As per cspa, my cspa age is 21 years 6 days and my file was done in Mar 2003. They invited me for visa interview and I paid fees also and they refused to give visa. Also they have not consider 45 days grace period as per Patriot Act. So is there any other alternative? for above case provide me the details of same so that I can work out over it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X