No announcement yet.

Do I qualify for getting a green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I qualify for getting a green card?

My mom got her Certificate of Citizenship but hasn't lived in the US for more than 5 years

Hi this is my case I'd be very grateful if you could help me.

-I'm Dan from Denmark.
    -I'm 20 years old and I'm going to turn 21 in next December.
    -My mom was born in Denmark too, but just got her Certificate of Citizenship(by filling the n-600) in 2011 through her father who is a US citizen(He has lived more than 5 years in the US but after fighting in the Korean war he got a work opportunity in Denmark and also married a Danish girl and has been living here since then).
    -My mom hasn't lived in the US before, she just started working for a company in Michigan by December 2011.
    -I'm an Engineering student and I'd like to have the possibility to work and live in the US in case I don't get a job here.

My questions are:
    Since I cannot get direct us citizenship because my mother didn't live in the US 5 years before I was born...

Do I qualify for getting a green card despite my mom has only lived in the US 3 years(in late 2011 until now, AFTER I was born)?
    If you could give me a link where this answer I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot for helping me and sorry for my English if a commit a mistake.

I'm not married btw

Comment

Originally posted by Dan7 View Post
      I'm not married btw
      Yes, you do. Ask your mother to file I-130 petition for you ASAP. If she files it before you turn 21, processing will be much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan7 View Post
        My mom got her Certificate of Citizenship but hasn't lived in the US for more than 5 years

Hi this is my case I'd be very grateful if you could help me.

-I'm Dan from Denmark.
        -I'm 20 years old and I'm going to turn 21 in next December.
        -My mom was born in Denmark too, but just got her Certificate of Citizenship(by filling the n-600) in 2011 through her father who is a US citizen(He has lived more than 5 years in the US but after fighting in the Korean war he got a work opportunity in Denmark and also married a Danish girl and has been living here since then).
        -My mom hasn't lived in the US before, she just started working for a company in Michigan by December 2011.
        -I'm an Engineering student and I'd like to have the possibility to work and live in the US in case I don't get a job here.

My questions are:
        Since I cannot get direct us citizenship because my mother didn't live in the US 5 years before I was born...

Do I qualify for getting a green card despite my mom has only lived in the US 3 years(in late 2011 until now, AFTER I was born)?
        If you could give me a link where this answer I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot for helping me and sorry for my English if a commit a mistake.
        I sent you a message.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X