Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 tax return problem with foreign income

Hi everyone,

My husband is an US citizen and is my sponsor for the green card application. He has been working in HK for several years.

When we are filing I-864 form tax return part. I saw this in the instruction:
    "If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every
    Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your returns."

He does not have W2 or 1099 Form for the foreign income. Do you think we should just skip that or use income document in HK?

Hi! I'm in a similar situation and just wanted to know how it went for you guys?
    Did he file for US taxes for his foreign earned income or did you use the tax returns from HK?

Comment

Originally posted by panpandadal View Post
      Hi everyone,

My husband is an US citizen and is my sponsor for the green card application. He has been working in HK for several years.

"If you provide a photocopy of your Federal individual income tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every

He does not have W2 or 1099 Form for the foreign income. Do you think we should just skip that or use income document in HK?
      The issue is not the W-2 but what he declared on the 1099, did he declare additional income?

Comment

The foreign income can be reported on the "Other income" line and he should include any HK tax documents showing how much was deducted for local income taxes in HK.

--Ray B

Originally posted by panpandadal View Post
        Hi everyone,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X