Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS interview Experience at Federal Plaza

Good Afternoon,

I would like to share my experience with AOS interview that we had this morning at Federal Plaza.

Our petition is based on marriage. I am the applicant, my US citizen husband is the petitioner for myself and my two kids from previous relationship. I came to US on B2 visa from Canada this year April.

We had interview this morning, waited for an office about 15 minutes, no more than that. In the appointment notice it said that we had to bring both of our kids, waiting was a bit of a challenge.
    We got called in, first the officer asked us for the birth certificates and picture ID's.
    Then any other support document that we could provide to show that marriage was bona fide. He wasn't interested in pictures at all or the air tickets showing my travelling to us prior to me moving here. He did take copies of the lease agreement, vehicle insurance, taxes and my husband's previous divorce papers, medical insurance for the kids under my husbands name
    questions :

when did you get married?
    how did you meet?
    can somebody verify your first meeting
    where does your husband work
    how much does he make
    what are your husbands kids age
    how often do they come
    do they play with your kids
    when did you enter united states
    did you leave at any time
    where did you travel together
    who was with the kids
    do you participate in his kids programs? do you participate in their upbringing ?

to my husband : do you know the father of the kids ? do you communicate? when was the last time he was here?
    do you know your wife's father? what's his name? when was the last time he came to the United States? When your wife was last at the hospital?

We answered all the questions, there was a little struggling with the company name that my husband works for. and THey also checked my dad since he was in the military.
    He took all the originals to make copies and said that we were free to go, the decision will be made within a month

I just got an email, that the status of my file has changed to NEW CARD IS IN THE PROCESS.

time line

May 14, 2015 they received petition I-130 for my kids and I
    July 17, they received application i-131 travelling , i-485 and i-765
    August 9th, fingerprints were done
    September 15 I got notification for Interview for October 20th.
    September 23th, my EAD card was printed and sent to me
    September 28th they sent the EAD card along with Advance parole for the KIDS
    October 20th AOS interview at 9:45 am
    Got notification that card is being produced at 2:30pm

GOOD LUCK !!!!! to all of you,

if you have any questions please feel free to comment and ask. I'll be more than happy to help!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X