Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for my son after receiving immigrant Visa

Hello,

My son, who is an American citizen applied for me to come over to the states. I completed my interview in Lebanon (that's where we are from) and received my visa a week later but the problem that we are currently trying to figure out is how to get my youngest son who is 15 years old and unmarried to the states. I had a few questions:

1) We plan on completing form I-130. Can I start I-130 now or do I have to wait to enter the states and obtain my green card?
    2) Is form I-130 the fastest way to get him over to the states? Unfortunately, I cannot leave my 15 year old son on his own
    3) How is form I-130 related to the charts in the visa bulletin. I am not sure I quiet understand what the difference is between the Application Final Action dates and Dates for Filing Applications or if it even applies since he cannot come to the US and file an adjustment of status.
    4) If those two charts don't apply, how do we go about consular processing? Does he wait until I-130 is approved and then proceed with consular processing the same way I did it? (Took about a year or so)

Please help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X