Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my wife's parents file for adjustment of status for my wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my wife's parents file for adjustment of status for my wife?

My wife's uncle(younger brother of her dad who is a U.S citizen) sponsored family based immigration for her whole family including her and they went for interview in 2012 and everything was done for all(interview,finger prints,medical, oath etc.) but unfortunately they put her father in administrative check due to which the GC got delayed and as we all know there was no update for the longest time due to admin processing. I am on H1B and I went to India in 2013 and got married to my wife in 2013 and I came back to U.S. without my wife and my wife got H4 visa this year in may 2015 and came to U.S. and living with me. After she came here a month later her family case immigration got updated and they were called for interview and during the interview they asked about my wife and my in-laws said that she got married and she is in U.S. and their visa was approved and they came to U.S. couple of months back and got their Green Cards. When we check the case status on the USCIS website it shows everyone's status as issued and wife case status as Ready. So my questions are below:

Questions
    -----------
    1. Is it possible for her parents to file for change of status for her since she is already in U.S ? or
    2. Can my wife file for adjustment of status independently with the help of attorney ?
    3. Is there a chance that she can get GC if we file for adjustment of status as her all petitions are already approved through family based immigration?

Please advise and Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X