Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do? (U.S.-born citizen married to wife from Mexico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do? (U.S.-born citizen married to wife from Mexico)

Hello,

I am new to this site and am not sure if I'm in the right forum, but here it goes.

I am a US-born citizen and married my wife, who is from Mexico, in May 2015. Our baby was born in July and we already obtained her Certification of Birth Abroad and US passport. Now, we are ready to start the process for my wife, but I really don't know where to start. I know the best alternative to take is to hire an attorney but I decided to get some opinions first. I went to a "consultancy firm" in Tijuana and they mentioned that I needed to obtain a couple of sponsors in order to be able to submit any applications for my wife - is this required even for US-born citizens? Are there different forms that I need to submit for my wife? Is there a certain income I need to be generating to qualify to bring my wife to the US? Is there a way that I can bring my wife the US while we wait for the final word on her visa? About how long does the entire process take?

I am living part-time with her in Tijuana as I work in Los Angeles.

Any answers and or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Process

see response in CAPS

Originally posted by Daniel Y Anahí View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this site and am not sure if I'm in the right forum, but here it goes.

I am a US-born citizen and married my wife, who is from Mexico, in May 2015. Our baby was born in July and we already obtained her Certification of Birth Abroad and US passport. Now, we are ready to start the process for my wife, but I really don't know where to start. I know the best alternative to take is to hire an attorney but I decided to get some opinions first. YOU REALLY DON'T NEED AN ATTORNEY BUT IF YOU CAN IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF THE WORK FROM YOU. THERE IS ENOUGH INFO ON THIS WEBSITE ALONE TO GET YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS WITHOUT HIRING AN ATTORNEY

I went to a "consultancy firm" in Tijuana and they mentioned that I needed to obtain a couple of sponsors in order to be able to submit any applications for my wife - is this required even for US-born citizens? YOU ARE HER SPONSOR AS HER HUSBAND. YOU DO NEED A RESIDENCE IN THE US THOUGH. YOU ONLY NEED AN ADDITIONAL SPONSOR IF YOU DON'T MAKE ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THE 3 OF YOU. HERE IS A LINK FOR MORE INFO https://www.immihelp.com/i-864-incom...it-of-support/

Are there different forms that I need to submit for my wife? Is there a certain income I need to be generating to qualify to bring my wife to the US? ACCORDING TO THE CHART YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE $25,112 A YEAR FOR A FAMILY OF 3.

Is there a way that I can bring my wife the US while we wait for the final word on her visa? About how long does the entire process take? DOES SHE HAVE A VISITORS VISA? IF NOT THEN YOU WILL PROB NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE PROCESS IS DONE BEFORE SHE CAN COME.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Y Anahí View Post
      Hello,

I am a US-born citizen and married my wife, who is from Mexico, in May 2015. Our baby was born in July and we already obtained her Certification of Birth Abroad and US passport. Now, we are ready to start the process for my wife, but I really don't know where to start. I know the best alternative to take is to hire an attorney but I decided to get some opinions first. I went to a "consultancy firm" in Tijuana and they mentioned that I needed to obtain a couple of sponsors in order to be able to submit any applications for my wife - is this required even for US-born citizens? Are there different forms that I need to submit for my wife? Is there a certain income I need to be generating to qualify to bring my wife to the US? Is there a way that I can bring my wife the US while we wait for the final word on her visa? About how long does the entire process take?

first step: File I-130 for your wife and list your child and mail it to USCIS. Wait for USCIS to process it and then it will get transferred to NVC.
      Second step: Once your wife's case goes to NVC, then you will need sponsor etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X