I-864 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 help

My mother in law sponsoring her 1 child to come to USA. She has green card and never worked here in USA.
    So, she is the main sponsor but I'll be filling out the income part. Can someone help me with the following question.
    I need to know if I need to add my wife on the form I-864 (my wife is main sponsor's daughter)
    What I need to put under questions below

Part5
    Q7

Part6
    Q3 (Person1)?
    Q16

Do I need to fill out I-864A?
    Should I put my wife as a main sponsor for income and then put me under on I-864A
    (note - my wife never worked either)

Its complicated please help!

If you don't understand anything please ask.

Thanks

If you are living in the same address as your mother-in-law? If so, your income can be combined with her's on the I-864 then you and your wife each contribute separate I-864A forms. Otherwise, or to keep it simple, you can provide a second I-864 with your wife as sponsor, and you then combine our income with wife's and provide I-864A.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pakland View Post
    My mother in law sponsoring her 1 child to come to USA. She has green card and never worked here in USA.
    So, she is the main sponsor but I'll be filling out the income part. Can someone help me with the following question.
    I need to know if I need to add my wife on the form I-864 (my wife is main sponsor's daughter)
    What I need to put under questions below

Part5
    Q7

Part6
    Q3 (Person1)?
    Q16

Do I need to fill out I-864A?
    Should I put my wife as a main sponsor for income and then put me under on I-864A
    (note - my wife never worked either)

Its complicated please help!

If you don't understand anything please ask.

Thanks

Comment

Thank You

Ray, Thank you very much for your quick response.

Yes, we all live in the same house.
      I'll do as you suggested, If I understand you correctly.
      I'll provide two I-864
      1. I864 for my mother-in-law without my income information in it.
      2. I864 with my wife info along with my income
      3. I864A with my info.

If this is incorrect please let me know.

Also, for the house hold member I'll list 5 members? (me and my wife / my wife's both parents and 1 son who is currently not in the USA)? My wife and I are US citizens. And I also have two citizen kids should I need to put them in as well. I was told I am not responsible any member who is us citizen? not sure if this is correct. (If I put everyone then it will be 7 members).. I think I should just list my mother-in-law and her husband and 1 child (that's total 3)?

Thank You.

Comment

On your I-864, list only those family members on your income tax return, plus the immigrant.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pakland View Post
        Ray, Thank you very much for your quick response.

Yes, we all live in the same house.
        I'll do as you suggested, If I understand you correctly.
        I'll provide two I-864
        1. I864 for my mother-in-law without my income information in it.
        2. I864 with my wife info along with my income
        3. I864A with my info.

If this is incorrect please let me know.

Also, for the house hold member I'll list 5 members? (me and my wife / my wife's both parents and 1 son who is currently not in the USA)? My wife and I are US citizens. And I also have two citizen kids should I need to put them in as well. I was told I am not responsible any member who is us citizen? not sure if this is correct. (If I put everyone then it will be 7 members).. I think I should just list my mother-in-law and her husband and 1 child (that's total 3)?

Thank You.

Comment

Thank You.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          On your I-864, list only those family members on your income tax return, plus the immigrant.

--Ray B
          That will be 7 members. Thank You!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X