Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G325a unauthorized CPT? HELP!!

Hello,

I've been looking everywhere for a similar question but I cannot find anything similar.

My husband (a USC) and I (an F1 student) have started the application to file for AOS. However, I accidentally engaged in one semester of unauthorized CPT. It was for a practicum course, never gave my SSN, never received any kind of compensation, and is not even a paid position. The school didn't catch that I had enrolled in a practicum class last semester so I thought I was alright; until I discovered that I needed to have CPT authorization. Again, I didn't know practicum was also considered off-campus employment, and really I found out about it long after final grades were entered. Right now my I-20 and I-94 are still valid, I haven't received notification from my DSO that I violated my F1 status, and I am still working in-campus and attending classes.

Anyway, this semester I am trying to file for AOS (been married since summer 2015), but on the form G-325a should I include my unauthorized practicum? What would happen if I only include my previous on-campus employment (the ones that I actually filed taxes for)? Also, when I was completing my bachelors, I did a semester of CPT (wasn't paid, and only needed to get a SSN for a background check), should I include this on my 5-year employment history as well?
    Last edited by ANewHope; 01-21-2016, 11:09 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X