No announcement yet.

Question on when to submit Form I-693 Medical examination & Vaccination record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on when to submit Form I-693 Medical examination & Vaccination record

I am in the US on temporary work visa (H1B) valid until mid 2018. I am married to a US citizen 6 months ago and I am applying for family based Green card by filling I-130 and I-485 together.

I have a question regarding medical examination Form I-693. Should I submit form I-693 ,Report of Medical examination and vaccination record along with my I-130 & I-485 application?

Or Should I wait for USCIS to ask for it at a later stage ?

Question on when to submit Form I-693 Medical examination & Vaccination record

hi, i'm in the same process as you are! here is what i did few weeks ago. i looked for a list of civil surgeons in my area and got an appointment for green card medical examination. you will bring that i-693 form to the doctor. you also have to provide a list of vaccines you already received in your country. the doctor will then determine which vaccines you need to take. once you are done with vaccines, tubercolosis test and general examination the doctor will give you an envelope containing the filled up i-693 form. DON'T open the envelope, you will have to send that together with all the other filled up forms and payment. i ended up spending less than 300$ for exams and vaccines (seattle area). i hope this will help you!
    good luck!
    martina

Comment

Does that mean that I won't get to see my results before the USCIS does?!?!????

Comment

Originally posted by Tormented Mind View Post
        You do not get to see the contents of the Medical package, at any stage.
        When you bring your Medical package to the Immigration interview, you hand it over. They open it, and hand you back the CD with your x-rays. (at least that's what happened for me)
        Do NOT open the Medical package.
        Sept 6, 2014: Married
        March 13, 2015: file I-130
        June 18, 2015: RFE
        Aug 24, 2015: I-130 approved
        Aug 25, 2015: IV paid
        Oct 27, 2015: DS-260 submitted
        Nov 24, 2015: Documents sent to NVC
        Dec 1, 2015: NVC receives documents
        Jan 11, 2016: RFE sent by NVC
        Feb 27, 2016: Packet 4 received
        Apr 11, 2016: Medical in Montreal, QC
        Apr 15, 2016: US Consulate in Montreal (APPROVED)
        Apr 21, 2016: Pick up Passport with Visa, and IV Package

Comment

What did you end up doing about I-693? If you didn't submit together with I-130 & I-485, what happened after, can you tell us more about that?

Originally posted by US2016 View Post
          I am in the US on temporary work visa (H1B) valid until mid 2018. I am married to a US citizen 6 months ago and I am applying for family based Green card by filling I-130 and I-485 together.

I have a question regarding medical examination Form I-693. Should I submit form I-693 ,Report of Medical examination and vaccination record along with my I-130 & I-485 application?

Comment

Civil surgeon i-693

Originally posted by US2016 View Post

Please understand that I am not a lawyer!

I'll tell you what my experience was, I included all documents including the I-693 which is requested at the time submission. I did this to facilitate the fastest processing time available. If I had not submitted requested evidence of any kind USCIS would generate a "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE" AKA and RFE Letter and that halts processing of my application until I could satisfy USCIS, in which case they would resume processing.
            Another thing to consider, you are filing an I-130 which if approved guarantees you to the head of the line for a visa # Meaning you will not have to wait 7-10 years for a visa # to become available.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tormented Mind View Post
              The surgeon should give you a copy for your personal record. Mine gave me a copy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X